Last modified: May 20, 2018.
OptimalWork.com ("Site") is a website designed with one overarching purpose: to help you work at your best.
To this end, we provide various services, as described in our Terms & Conditions.
By registering or using this Site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described herein.
Information We Collect
We collect six types of information about users.
- All site activity of users is monitored via Google Analytics.
This includes such information as: which pages were visited, how long a user stayed on a given page, the user's location.
No personally-identifiable information (PII) is collected in this manner.
All forms that are filled out when you sign up are stored as part of a user profile, which includes additional metadata such as when you signed up.
The results of your Elmbrook Professional Inventories are all stored, including additional metadata such as when it was filled out.
The results of your Work Engagement Surveys are all stored, including additional metadata such as when it was filled out.
The data you enter into your Golden Hours is collected and stored.
We store when you view informational content, such as videos, articles, blog posts, and interactive modules.
This helps us measure the effectiveness of the content so that we can improve it.
How We Collect Information
"User" means an individual user of our services or products.
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all Users of the Site.
Forms. When you fill out a form on the Site (a “Request”), we collect each piece of information in your Request.
That information may include the following: your age, gender, email address, zip code, and other Personal Information.
Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the Site and remain anonymous, we or our third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Site (e.g., your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
- Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Site unavailable to you.
- IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User.
Even in such cases, we may collect IP addresses automatically.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider.
Each time you access the Site and each time you request one of our pages, the server logs your IP address.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails.
We may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails.
The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
- Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Site and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to our website or to a third party website, we track and capture Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We disclose to third parties throughout the world your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information as set forth below:
- Product and Service Delivery. We may share Non-Personal Information with third parties who help us in the delivery the products and services you have requested. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform technical functions on our behalf. Examples include third parties who host our website, analyze our data, or provide marketing assistance. These companies and individuals may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose.
- Anonymous Information. We may also share aggregated anonymous information about you and other persons using our Site with third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Site and how those visitors use the Site. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your information to third parties when obligated to do so by law and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected, or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- Acquisition or Merger. We may transfer information, including any Personal Information, to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
We may in the future collaborate with academic researchers to understand with more rigor the impact of our Services on our Users.
To this end, we would provide anonymized data to academic researchers of reputable institutions, for example, Harvard University, for analysis.
Your Privacy Choices
Your ability to use our Site without the potential use and disclosure of information described above is limited. As your use of the Site is voluntary, you always have the option of not visiting the Site or submitting a Request or any Personal Information. You can, however, exercise the following choices with respect to certain information about you that we collect and use:
In addition, as described in our Terms & Conditions, there are two ways that you can opt out from our services: unsubscribing from emails, and completely deleting your account and removing all data we have stored about your behavior.
The Rights of Users
Those persons to whom the Personal Information refer have the right, at any time, to know whether their data has been stored and can consult the company to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, canceled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to [email protected]
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information, both during transmission and once it is received. This includes but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Please email [email protected]